Officially opened in 1964, Guineueta Market is one of a group of markets built in the sixties to meet the supply of the new neighbourhoods emerging in the outskirts of the city in the wake of the wave of migration from other parts of Spain.
The rectangular, exposed-concrete structure has roof light wells and a skylight system, meaning that the market can be lit entirely by natural light . The arches of the facade are very unusual and set the building apart.
Year of construction: 1965
Type of building:detached
Total surface area: 4,556 m2
Sales area: 1,294 m2
Alterations: in progress. Other alterations were carried out in the 1980s and 1990s.
What are these “Share” services?
Each icon represents one of the external web services on the bcn website which facilitate personal or communal information management. These services enable users to classify, share, assess, comment on and save any contents they find on the Internet.
What does each icon mean?
- is a social network where you can share any information you want to post with friends and other users
- is a website that allows users to send out news. Registered users send stories which other site users can then vote on. Those that get the most votes are published on the home page.
- is a microblogging social network that allows users to send “tweets”, micro text entries up to a maximum of 140 characters, either via the Net or by texting an SMS.
- is an online favourites manager where each user can store, classify and share links that interest them. It also lets them categorise bookmarks with a labelling system.
- Google Bookmarks
- is a service that lets users save bookmarks in a Google account. It allows users an opportunity to add notes and labels.
- El meu Yahoo!
- is a service that lets users create a customised home page that includes a search function, email, news and any information users can configure.
- MSN Reporter
- a participatory service that lets users with Windows Live - i.e. users registered with Messenger, Hotmail, Spaces and other Microsoft services - publish, comment on and promote news items.
- La Tafanera
- a Catalan-language portal for promoting news and blog notes that users can send and vote on for promotion to the home page.