This market was built during the great boom in municipal markets. Although the majority of these markets were built in the new neighbourhoods emerging in the city's outskirts, Estrella Market was built in 1957 in one of the oldest areas of the city, Gràcia, whose urban development had already been consolidated for a number of years.
A semi-detached building with a concrete structure and walling.
Year of construction: 1957
Type of building: attached to another building.
Total surface area: 2,195 m2
Sales area: 652 m2
Alterations: structural alterations at the end of the 1980s and during the 1990s.
What are these “Share” services?
Each icon represents one of the external web services on the bcn website which facilitate personal or communal information management. These services enable users to classify, share, assess, comment on and save any contents they find on the Internet.
What does each icon mean?
- is a social network where you can share any information you want to post with friends and other users
- is a website that allows users to send out news. Registered users send stories which other site users can then vote on. Those that get the most votes are published on the home page.
- is a microblogging social network that allows users to send “tweets”, micro text entries up to a maximum of 140 characters, either via the Net or by texting an SMS.
- is an online favourites manager where each user can store, classify and share links that interest them. It also lets them categorise bookmarks with a labelling system.
- Google Bookmarks
- is a service that lets users save bookmarks in a Google account. It allows users an opportunity to add notes and labels.
- El meu Yahoo!
- is a service that lets users create a customised home page that includes a search function, email, news and any information users can configure.
- MSN Reporter
- a participatory service that lets users with Windows Live - i.e. users registered with Messenger, Hotmail, Spaces and other Microsoft services - publish, comment on and promote news items.
- La Tafanera
- a Catalan-language portal for promoting news and blog notes that users can send and vote on for promotion to the home page.