Jaume Cabre wins the Crexells Prize
Jaume Cabré has won the 41st Crexells Prize for his
after members of the Ateneu Barcelonès and users of Barcelona's libraries voted for the work as the best Catalan novel published in 2011. Amassing 37.3% of the votes, Cabré's work overcame the challenge of
L'últim dia abans de demà
by Eduard Márquez (36.7% of the votes) and
Primavera, estiu, etcètera
by Marta Rojals (20.2% of the votes).
The Crexells Prize jury, consisting of Pilar Argudo, Carme Arnau, Xavier Pla, Ricard Ruiz, Ramon Pla i Arxé (the secretary of the jury) and Lluís Reales (the chairman of the jury), had shortlisted these works as the three best novels published in Catalan in 2011.
What are these “Share” services?
Each icon represents one of the external web services on the bcn website which facilitate personal or communal information management. These services enable users to classify, share, assess, comment on and save any contents they find on the Internet.
What does each icon mean?
- is a social network where you can share any information you want to post with friends and other users
- is a website that allows users to send out news. Registered users send stories which other site users can then vote on. Those that get the most votes are published on the home page.
- is a microblogging social network that allows users to send “tweets”, micro text entries up to a maximum of 140 characters, either via the Net or by texting an SMS.
- is an online favourites manager where each user can store, classify and share links that interest them. It also lets them categorise bookmarks with a labelling system.
- Google Bookmarks
- is a service that lets users save bookmarks in a Google account. It allows users an opportunity to add notes and labels.
- El meu Yahoo!
- is a service that lets users create a customised home page that includes a search function, email, news and any information users can configure.
- MSN Reporter
- a participatory service that lets users with Windows Live - i.e. users registered with Messenger, Hotmail, Spaces and other Microsoft services - publish, comment on and promote news items.
- La Tafanera
- a Catalan-language portal for promoting news and blog notes that users can send and vote on for promotion to the home page.